Llantrisant & Pontyclun Golf Club “The Club”
Ely Valley Rd, Talbot Green, Pontyclun CF72 8AP
General Data Protection Regulations Policy (GDPR)
25th May 2018
Llantrisant & Pontyclun Golf Club’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) policy will come into effect on 25th May 2018. The policy sets out the compliance and administration of the activities at The Club around thislegislation. The policy has been agreed by The Management team of The Club and will be reviewed in April of each year.
- All personal data collected by The Club will be processed fairly and lawfully, with transparency at the forefront of all processing following consent from all Members and Visitors to The Club.
- Personal Data will only be collected for specified explicit and legitimate purposes to enable The Club members and Visitors to play the game of golf and use the facilities thereof. Personal data will not be further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes. Personal data will be used for the performance of the contract with the data subject e.g., in order to send Members’ details of meetings, social activities, tee bookings, competitions, subscriptions, emergency issues and any other subjects as part of their membership. Member email preferences will be controlled using the group emailing system from The Club.
- Personal data collected must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we will never release your personal details to any third party without your express consent. When you completed an application form to join The Club, certain personal information was collected from you. For example:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Current address
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Membership category
- Handicap/ability / CDH Number (if applicable)
- Emergency contact name and number Banking details including bank sort code and account number
- Child protection Disclosure if relevant
- Guests & Visitors details – for insurance purposes and to inform of any matters in which they have an interest (e.g., a prize winner, competition scorecard etc.)
- We require this information to administer your membership and to provide the products and services you have requested from us as well as providing you with a better service for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Sending subscription notices to you
- Recording financial transactions to your subscription account
- Contacting you with relevant club correspondence
- Maintaining a record of any competitions you play in
- Maintaining a record of your handicap and related CDH number and providing details to Wales Golf or affiliated partners
- Online tee time booking
- Providing you with a member’s ‘swipe card’ the use in the clubhouse for discounted bar facilities.
- Confirm your handicap to other golf clubs if they request confirmation of your handicap for any competitions you have entered with them.
- Personal data must be accurate and where necessary kept up to date. The Members will be contacted by the Office on an annual basis to ensure that this data is kept up to date, prior to the annual subscription renewal.
- Individual’s Rights: The individual Member of The Club has the right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling. Upon request we will provide a member with the data that we hold on them. Individuals will have the right to have their personnel data deleted where they believe it is being held without a practical or lawful basis.
- Data will be kept in a format that permits identification for individuals for the duration of your membership. Following a member’s resignation, names, dates of birth, joining and leaving dates only will be kept for 7 years for historic purposes.
- Personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate technical and organisational security of this data. This will be achieved by staying abreast of information security.
- The Club will ensure that the reasons for handling personal data align with the lawful processes allowed under the GDPR. All data, personal or financial, provided by employees, contractors, suppliers and any other third parties will have their data protected by the processes implemented by The Club.
- The Club will ensure that all third-party partners with access to Members or Visitors data are compliant under the GDPR legislation from 25th May 2018.
- The Club Data Controller is the Office Administrator who oversees all matters in relation to GDPR and can be contacted through the Clubs office, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01443228169.
- The Club takes privacy seriously and all such information is held securely. The Club complies with all applicable Data Protection Regulations. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy and will notify you accordingly.
This Policy is effective from 25th May 2018
The Management Team
Llantrisant & Pontyclun Golf Club